European Parliamentary Research Service
The European Parliamentary Research Service (EPRS) provides a comprehensive research and analytical support to the Members of the European Parliament, its parliamentary committees and the Institution as a whole. EPRS philosophy is to provide independent, objective and authoritative information.
Much of its output, briefings, info-graphics, impact assessment, in-depth analysis on EU policies, etc., are available to citizens.
EPRS was established on 1 November 2013. The Director-General of the European Parliament has brought together several pre-existing analytical and support services to Members and/or committees – the Directorate for the Library and Directorate for Impact Assessment and European Added Value (previously in DG Internal Policies) – and has added to them an entirely new Directorate – a Members’ Research Service – which provides tailored briefing and research for individual MEPs, as well as a range of synoptic publications for Members as a whole.
Together they form the European Parliamentary Research Service (EPRS) and aim to provide a comprehensive research and analysis capacity of the kind to be found in many parliamentary democracies worldwide.
- 5G Network Technology - Putting Europe at the Leading Edge
January 29, 2016 13:56
- Bridging the Digital Divide in the EU
December 22, 2015 12:29
- The EU Trademark Reform Package
December 22, 2015 12:26
- Europe: The Silver Economy: Opportunities from Ageing
August 20, 2015 16:07
- Google Antitrust Proceedings: Digital Business and Competition
August 10, 2015 16:54
- Ten Technologies Which Could Change Our Lives: Potential Impacts and Policy Implications
April 28, 2015 12:35
- Higher Education In The EU: Approaches, Issues And Trends
April 13, 2015 17:14
- EU Demographic Indicators: Situation, Trends and Potential Challenges
March 20, 2015 13:32
- Nigeria's Political Situation – Before the Elections
February 17, 2015 13:40
- The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and Labour
December 29, 2014 13:28
- European Parliament: Facts and Figures
December 16, 2014 14:11
- Cyber Defence in the EU: Preparing for Cyber Warfare?
November 27, 2014 23:46
- Workers' Conditions in the Textile and Clothing Sector: Just an Asian Affair?
September 25, 2014 23:04
- Adapting the EU Copyright Rules to the Digital Transformation
August 12, 2014 14:48
- Energy Supply in the EU28 (Infographic)
June 26, 2014 21:00
- Chinese Investment in the EU
June 5, 2014 11:54
- Controversial Issues in EU-India Trade: Disputes at WTO Level
May 19, 2014 20:35
- EU-Japan: Forging Strategic Ties
April 24, 2014 20:45
- New Technologies and Open Educational Resources
April 22, 2014 10:46
- Minerals from Conflict Areas: Existing and New Responsible‐sourcing Initiatives
February 20, 2014 22:36