Home > DocuBase > Source > Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (UK)
« See all DocuBase Sources
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (UK)
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) is a government department in the UK.
We cover – we make policy and legislation, and work with others to deliver our policies in - areas such as:
• the natural environment, biodiversity, plants and animals
• sustainable development and the green economy
• food, farming and fisheries
• animal health and welfare
• environmental protection and pollution control
• rural communities and issues.
Although we only work directly in England, we work closely with the devolved administrations in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and we generally lead on negotiations in the EU and internationally.