Tuesday, 27th May 2014
2014 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
Source: Social Media Examiner
From Executive Summary:
This study surveyed over 2800 marketers with the goal of understanding how they are using social media to grow and promote their businesses....
• The top social media questions marketers want answered: We reveal the big questions marketing pros want answered about social media.
• The time commitment: We examine the weekly hours marketers invest in their social media efforts. This analysis will be helpful for marketers just getting started or those seeking support staff.
• The benefits of social media marketing: This rather beefy section reveals all of the major advantages marketers are achieving with their social media efforts. We also look at how weekly time invested and years of experience affect the results.
• Most-used social media platforms: Discover which platforms marketers are using and how their usage will change this year. We also examine which platforms experienced marketers are using.
• Social media sites people want to learn more about: In this section, we reveal the social platforms that marketers are most interested in learning about.
• Other analyses: We also examine the role of content in social media marketing, paid social media, social media outsourcing and how marketers use other forms of marketing. In addition, we take a look at how business-to-business (B2B) companies differ from business-to-consumer (B2C) companies and whether the size of a business has any bearing on results. We also highlight significant changes since our 2013 study.
+ Direct link to Report (PDF; 9.6 MB)
Having begun his career in academic libraries, Adrian Janes has subsequently worked extensively in public libraries, chiefly in enquiry work as an Information Services librarian. In this role he has had particular responsibility for information from both the UK Government and the European Union. He wrote a detailed report on sources for the latter which was published by FreePint in 2007, and has contributed articles to FreePint and ResourceShelf. He is involved in training in information literacy and the use of online reference resources.
A Contributing Editor to DocuTicker, he also write reviews for Pennyblackmusic.
Adrian can be reached at email@example.com
More articles by Adrian Janes »
Please note: DocuTicker's editors collect citations for full-text PDF reports freely available on the web but we do not archive these reports. When you click a link to find and/or download the report, you are leaving the DocuTicker site. DocuTicker makes no representations regarding the ongoing availability of any report or any external resource. Links were accurate as of the date of posting.