Thursday, 31st May 2012
UK: Open Data Institute - Implementation Plan 2012 and beyond
Source: Open Data Institute (UK)
Core: Business Incubation and Innovation
1. To incubate new business start-ups where economic growth will be driven by the use of Open Data
2. To support and expand the use of Open Data in business and equip a wider range of people with the necessary skills to innovate using Open Data
3. To develop the economic benefits case, impact analysis and business models for Open Data
Supporting: Underpinning eco-system
4. To enhance Public Sector use and understanding of Open Data
5. To undertake research and support development of standards necessary to exploit Open Data to the full
6. To establish an International presence and reputation through collaboration with other governments and non-governmental agencies world wide
+ Direct link to document (PDF; 1.6 MB)
By Adrian Janes
Having begun his career in academic libraries, Adrian Janes is currently an Information Services Librarian with the London Borough of Havering.
In this role, he has particular responsibility for information from both the UK Government and the European Union. He wrote a detailed report on sources for the latter which was published by Free Pint Ltd. in 2007. He is also involved in training and publicising online reference resources and is a regular contributor to DocuTicker.
Adrian can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
More articles by Adrian Janes »
Please note: DocuTicker's editors collect citations for full-text PDF reports freely available on the web but we do not archive these reports. When you click a link to find and/or download the report, you are leaving the DocuTicker site. DocuTicker makes no representations regarding the ongoing availability of any report or any external resource. Links were accurate as of the date of posting.