Home > DocuBase > Article
« All DocuBase Articles
Friday, 21st January 2011
The Intercity Bus: America’s Fastest Growing Transportation Mode: 2010 Update on Scheduled Bus Service
The Intercity Bus: America’s Fastest Growing Transportation Mode: 2010 Update on Scheduled Bus Service (PDF)
Source: Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development
1. For the third year in a row, intercity bus service was the fastest growing mode of intercity transportation, outpacing air and rail transportation.
2. Intercity bus operations expanded by 6.0% in 2010, showing that the sector’s renaissance continues.
3. “Curbside operators,” such as Boltbus and Megabus, expanded the number of departures by 23.9% and now account for more than 400 daily bus operations.
4. Megabus has reported ridership growth of 48% in cities served in both 2009 and 2010. Although data on other operators is not available, the curbside sector’s overall rate of growth appears to be at least 33%.
5. Passenger loads handled by curbside bus services are reducing fuel consumption by about 11 million gallons annually—the equivalent benefit of removing 23,818 vehicles from the road.
Please note: DocuTicker's editors collect citations for full-text PDF reports freely available on the web but we do not archive these reports. When you click a link to find and/or download the report, you are leaving the DocuTicker site. DocuTicker makes no representations regarding the ongoing availability of any report or any external resource. Links were accurate as of the date of posting.
« All DocuBase Articles
FreePint supports the value of information in the enterprise. Read more »
Latest FreePint Content:
How To Increase User Engagement With Knowledge Tools
Friday, 19th September 2014
One of the many things that information and knowledge professionals can be tasked with is encouraging and developing user engagement with knowledge tools. This can be a thankless task given the complexity of both the organisations that users work in and the tools that organisations provide. James Mullan examines how information and knowledge managers can encourage use of the knowledge tools for which they're responsible.
Product Update of Compliance Catalyst
Thursday, 18th September 2014
Chris Porter catches up with some of the latest developments in the Compliance Catalyst service from Bureau van Dijk (BvD) and highlights key changes since FreePint's full review in August 2013. Compliance Catalyst is a workflow application that helps organisations to take an informed, risk-based decision on whether to accept a potential new customer, supplier or other business partner. BvD has made numerous enhancements to the content and functionality of the service, driven by customer feedback.
Product Review of Factiva Companies & Executives (Introduction; Contact Details)
Tuesday, 16th September 2014
Chris Porter looks at the Companies & Executives component of the Dow Jones Factiva service. This component contains data and tools relating to companies, executives and industries. It was previously sold separately, but is now fully integrated into the main Factiva product. Factiva Companies & Executives is aimed at researchers and analysts in information-intensive organisations, as well as those involved in sales and business development. In the first part of the review Chris introduces the product and company and provides contact details.
- ... more ...
All FreePint Content »
FreePint Topics »
A FreePint Subscription delivers articles and reports that support your organisation's information practice, content and strategy.
Find out more and order a FreePint Subscription by visiting the
completing our online form: Subscription Order page.
"FreePint is the only industry publication for information professionals and it covers most of the things that an information professional ..."
Read more testimonials and supply yours »